In order to understand the Unloc Enterprise Academy freelance role, you may want to understand more Unloc as an organisation. Unloc believes we can bring about positive change to the lives of young people. In order to achieve this, we need complete enthusiasm and commitment from every Unloc team member. We ask that you give all your energy into your role with us and help us make Unloc the best and most efficient organisation possible.
We believe in collaborative working, sharing ideas and supporting other team members in times of need. We hope that all team members will foster this ethos and help us create a positive working environment for all.
Unloc Enterprise Academy
The Unloc Enterprise Academy is an Unloc programme for schools and colleges to help enable, improve, motivate and develop young people’s entrepreneurial mindsets. The Unloc Enterprise Academy works to help students take learning out of the classroom and into a real world environment. We do this by developing their skills through setting up and testing their own mini-businesses.
We are looking for a committed freelance enterprise facilitator to complement our experienced team. You will be responsible for delivering the Unloc Enterprise Academy short-course programme across multiple institutions in a way that is fun and engaging. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their entrepreneurial skills and thinking.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about this agenda with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organise a group of young people and make learning an easy, engaging and a meaningful process. The ideal candidate will have previous entrepreneurial experience that will be used in the classroom.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in entrepreneurship and to be their first point of contact in the entire process of learning and development within entrepreneurship.
- Directly deliver the Unloc Enterprise Academy short course and long course (made up of weekly sessions) at schools and colleges in the region that have signed up to the Academy.
- Adapt the Unloc Enterprise Academy short course content and resources according to the needs of the different groups of students.
- Regularly and frequently communicate with members of the Unloc core team to feedback on how the courses are progressing in each institution including the mentoring needs of each student / group.
- Providing support and feedback every session on students’ individual businesses’ growth.
- Be a positive ambassador for the Unloc Enterprise Academy and the broader work of Unloc.
Experience and Knowledge
- Essential: Previous work with young people.
- Essential: Previous experience of enterprise – such as running your own business/project.
- Desirable: Previous knowledge of the youth sector across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Abilities and Skills
- Essential: High level writing skills.
- Essential: Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Essential: Ability to work as part of a team.
- Essential: Ability to work independently.
- Desirable: High level of skill when using Google Apps For Work.
- Desirable: Ability to use Twitter and Facebook.
- Essential: Willingness to undertake staff training and development as required.
- Desirable: Car driver with clean UK driving licence.
If this is something you are interested in learning more about, please contact Ryan Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392344424.