|Job Title||Unloc Enterprise Academy Facilitator (Part-Time)||Line Manager||Managing Director|
|Job Type||Part-Time (Term Time Only)||Time Period||1 year|
|Hours Per Week||24||Rate Per Annum|| £23,000-25,000 pro rata
£10,350 – £11,250 (part time term time only)
|Allocation of Hours||Monday – Friday, hour allocation TBC|
|Start Date||August 2017|
Are you passionate about working with young people? Do you have an entrepreneurial story to share?
Join an exciting, new, fast-paced and growing social enterprise as an Unloc Enterprise Academy Facilitator. Our agile team, based at our central HQ within Portsmouth College and with satellite offices in Alton and Cambridge, are passionate about young people engaging with enterprise and being the innovators of the future. We pride ourselves on being innovative, embracing new technology and ensuring that we have young people at the heart of everything we do. The Unloc Enterprise Academy is one of three core areas of work comprising primarily of our bespoke long course, short course and engaging enterprise days. The Unloc Enterprise Academy Facilitator post will be responsible for organising and delivering Unloc’s enterprise work including delivering/teaching weekly sessions at a number of schools and colleges. The post will also form a crucial part of our Enterprise Days delivery team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for working with young people, confidence in delivering engaging sessions as part of a short course and excellent organisational skills.
- To organise and deliver Unloc’s enterprise work
- Develop the course content of the Unloc Enterprise Academy long course and short course along with the Unloc Directors and Curriculum Development lead
- Directly deliver the Unloc Enterprise Academy short course and long course (made up of weekly taught sessions) at schools and colleges in the region that have signed up to the Academy.
- Coordinate Unloc’s wider enterprise related activities such as during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
- Deliver any Unloc Enterprise Days according to demand. These are whole days where the Unloc team works with up 150 students to engage them with enterprise and often include short masterclasses and an enterprise challenge.
- Promote, alongside the Unloc Directors and other members of the Enterprise Academy team, the work of the Academy to expand the enterprise work Unloc does.
- To deliver Unloc’s training and workshop packages if and when needed.
- Delivering Unloc training and workshop packages to young people across the South East. Training on how to deliver these workshops is provided.
- Essential: GCSE Maths and English at grade A*-C (or equivalent).
- Essential: A-Levels at grade A*-C (or equivalent).
- Desirable: Level 3 ICT qualification.
- Desirable: A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent industry experience).
Experience and Knowledge
- Essential: Previous work with young people.
- Essential: Previous experience of enterprise.
- Desirable: Previous knowledge of the youth sector across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- Desirable: Experience of running (or being involved in running) your own business.
Abilities and Skills
- Essential: High level writing skills.
- Essential: Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Essential: Ability to manage a budget.
- Essential: Ability to work as part of a team.
- Essential: Ability to work independently.
- Desirable: High level of skill when using Google Apps For Work.
- Desirable: Ability to write press releases.
- Desirable: Ability to use Twitter and Facebook.
- Essential: Willingness to undertake staff training and development as required.
- Desirable: Car driver with clean UK driving licence.