PRACTICAL. CREATIVE. STRUCTURED.
The Unloc Enterprise Academy is our unique model for schools and colleges to engage students in enterprise and business through a practical, creative and structured course. Our short course covers the key skills and points associated with starting a business with learning geared towards creating their own businesses, projects and ideas in groups or on their own. The Enterprise Academy hopes to inspire students and give them the knowledge they need to develop their skills and enterprising mindsets along the way.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE UNLOC ENTERPRISE ACADEMY.
- Gives students the knowledge and insight they need to start a business
- Creating school/college businesses that raise the profile of the school/college
- A structured but exciting programme to support entrepreneurial students
- Meeting Ofsted criteria around enterprise and student progression
- Students get the opportunity to widen their horizons and develop their soft skills.
- Promoting the opportunity of starting a business as a genuine career option
- Creates a ‘buzz’ around the school/college with massive potential media coverage (local and national)
- Demonstrating the school/college’s commitment to business and enterprise, as well as developing the skills of its young people
- A marketed and branded programme that excites students and prospective students with support from our team to help you market the Unloc Enterprise Academy to the wider community.
STUDENTS AND TIMINGS.
The Unloc Enterprise Academy courses usually take place in sets with groups no larger than 30 students. The optimum number of students per set is between 20 and 25.
Every school and college has a different timetable in use. Although our short course was designed for 3 contact hours per week, our programme uses a flexible framework which can be adjusted and the depth of learning tailored to the level of time available in the curriculum.
Positive self esteem
Managing stress and change
Goal setting and action planning
Making and taking decisions
Working together effectively
Reflecting and reviewing
Researching the market
Vision and mission
Developing a business model canvas
Business goal setting
Market testing and exploring
Legal structures, banking and compliance
Employing people (HR and team development)
Marketing and branding
CASE-STUDY: Roses Bakery.
What is Roses Bakery?
I make and sell Raw, Vegan and Gluten-free cakes. Since going vegan, it was more apparent than ever how many products contain eggs, dairy and other animal products. I love experimenting with beautiful flavours and whole foods to create healthier versions of our beloved sweet treats.
What has been your biggest achievement to date?
Frankly, starting and running a small and successful local business. I’m proud that I’ve managed to maintain my business healthily, and source my own clients without any culinary qualifications behind me. I’ve made Roses Bakery purely out of hard work and dedication.
How did Unloc help you get where you are now?
Being clueless to the business world, Unloc gave me the resources for understanding and taking my first steps.
What are your main aims and plans for the future?
I plan to expand locally, finding new businesses to share my healthy, delicious cakes. I’m also increasing my audience online, sharing vegan and allergen free recipes on thehungryherbivores.com.
If you’re interested in finding out more, we’d love to hear from you! A member of our team should get back to you within 48 hours, Monday-Friday. If your enquiry is urgent, please contact us via phone.